Monday, July 26, 2010

Iron Man

Last week was my brother in-law's birthday and I had been really wanting to make a cake with fondant so I volunteered to make him a cake. I decided to make an Iron Man cake for him. It is not as good as I had hoped. I am working on my skills. I need to get down the skill of having a perfect cake to ice and how to make my icing smooth so you cant see the bumps under the fondant. I guess it is all going to be trial and error. I love to do it so I don't mind trying it over and over. If anyone has any tips that can improve my skills I would be very grateful.(Gina hint hint)


I also made my own fondant. That was fun. I loved it.I wanted to find a method that I could use my kitchen aid with, so I went on utube and found one. Not as messy as doing it by hand. And a lot faster I'm guessing. The only sucky part is you have to hold up the dough hook at the beginning so the marshmallows don't get on the top flat part of the hook.

1 comment:

The Draxler Days said...

Looks awesome. I would love to see that recipe you have for fondant. I like to dabble in cake making every once in awhile. More like twice a year when my kids have birthdays. I don't really like eating cake too much so that is about all that I do it. Anyhow I love to see the ones you make. They are so cute!